Dominions 4 improvements
Here's a short list with the most important changes compared to Dominions 3.
- Teamplay, one pretender and one or more disciples per team.
- Thrones of Ascension. Claim thrones to gain extra powers and to win the game eventually.
- Many sprites have been redrawn and the 3d terrain is also improved.
- Many user interface improvements.
- Formations like line formation or skirmish formation.
- Improved random map generation with wraparound maps, caves, rivers and mountain passes.
- Rivers that can only be passed when frozen, mountain passes that can only be passed by special units and when it's warm.
- Pierce, slash and blunt weapons have slightly different quirks. E.g. don't shoot arrows at skeletons.
- Darkness and dark vision plays a more important role. Notably in deep seas, caves and sometimes during assassinations.
- Range restrictions on magic rituals and items and spells that can be used to boost ritual ranges.
- Improved network support, turns can be resumed from any computer and turns can be marked as only half finished.
- Global random events
- Can build castle improvements like extra towers or extra supply storage
- Province Defence dependent on the local population and some nations have easier or harder to organize it.
- Improvements to AI and to modding.
- Many new monsters, spells, magic items, sites, random events and some nations too.
Back to Illwinter Game Design